Inspired by Metrocurean and the laid-back weekend spirit, I’d like to offer my own Five Bites: Budget Brunch Edition. These five affordable local delicacies make my mouth water just thinking about them. In no particular order:
1. Caramel-pecan French toast at Logan Tavern
2. Chorizo, mushroom, and spinach omelette at Scion
3. Chocolate milk from Clear Spring Creamery at the Dupont Circle Farmers’ Market (I’ve never been one to seek out chocolate milk, but this is heaven in a bottle. Thanks to Claire and Mark Seibert and their cows for this delight!)
4. Bananas Foster pancakes at Creme Cafe
5. Coffee at The Commissary (Hands down the best in the city.)
I’m still on the hunt for the city’s best croissant and brioche. Any votes?